Me and my man!

Me and my man!
Me and my hunka, hunka burning love!

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Peace and Quiet - BaaHaa.....

I've been cooped up all week so we thought it would be nice to get out in the country on this beautiful day and enjoy the peace and quiet; look around at God's beautiful world, listen to the birds and watch the turtles sunning on the logs.  It was a great game plan.
However, the owners of the cabin also decided to come out and play at the pond today.  With 10 of their friends and all the hammers and saws they could find.  It seems their cabin needed a new upper deck over its little porch. And you can't work in the country without playing country music so loud you have to shout to one another to carry on a conversation.
Oh, and you also need to bring the loudest four wheelers you can find so your teenagers will have something to do. Round and round the pond we go - turn around and go round and round the other way for awhile. Repeat this process for THREE HOURS!
The Good Lord above is probably the only one who knows why they didn't bring all their howling dogs.
But we enjoyed it anyway - and the house has been super quiet all night. NOT!!
Bob is getting a "cold". This causes a lot of sniffling and clearing of mucus from the throat. It's a definite concentration breaker. That means that my Sunday School lesson will be studied after he goes to bed.
Poor me. My life is so hard.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your hubby feels better. My hubby was sick a week ago and he was so nice to share it with me! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's better - I think it's the plants that should be hibernating pushing up through the grass that should be dead. It makes spores float around in the air that shouldn't be floating around until spring. Love the 70's temps, though. Come on down and let's go sunbathing.

      Delete