Me and my man!

Me and my man!
Me and my hunka, hunka burning love!

Saturday, October 12, 2013

God watches out over fools and idiots

Found myself doing the silliest thing the other day.
I know, hard to believe I would do something silly. Totally out of character for me.
 Look at the pic below and see if you can figure out where this is going.
 

This is a three foot section of our Laundry/Pantry/Storage Place to put any other junk we don't know what to do with but we better save it just in case we might need it one day room.

 (Nothing to do with the post but I do like the way Hubba Hubba's brown shoes
 look like they are floating in this pic.)

 The item I'm going to discuss is the pair of  white Reeboks on the right under the high chair.

(Nothing to do with the post but  I think I have finally figured out the "keep it cause I might need it one day" purpose of this chair. I'm thinking about painting it and making it a time-out chair. We'll see where my good intentions take me.) And just in time because the chair is 28 years old.
 I do hope it's the oldest item in this room.

 The Reeboks are my fishing shoes. I always, always, always
 (because of my enormous fear of arachnids)
 pick them up, run my hands all the way in to check for spiders
 (cause the shoes stay out here for days without being used
 and would make a wonderful nesting sight for black widows),
 and then yank them onto my feet without untying the laces.
 Off we go fishing!
 
 I have done this for years. (not with the same pair of shoes; I do occasionally
 replace the old pair with a new pair of old shoes.
 I like that statement-replace the old pair with a new pair of old. Ha!).
 
 It dawned on me a couple of weeks ago that I was being so foolish.
  I bet you have already figured it out.
 It's only by God's good grace that a spider hasn't already bitten me on my finger
. Why would I try to protect my toes from a spider bite by offering the spider my fingertips?
Surely the venom from a bite would reach my heart and lungs
 faster from my fingertips than from my toes.  
 
It must be true that God looks out over fools and idiots.
 
I wonder what other actions I take to protect myself that are actually placing me in more danger?

No comments:

Post a Comment