Me and my man!

Me and my man!
Me and my hunka, hunka burning love!

Monday, January 21, 2013

Miracles Still Happen

I have been married 33.5 years. Some people think that is an amazing accomplishment and I guess it really is considering who I am married to.  Ha! Ha! Ha!   People who know me well also know that Hunka Hunka of  Burning Love is the one who gets the credit for the longevity of our marriage. Although I can remember asking him when he popped the question if he was sure and I told him I was a b*#*h and very selfish; selfish with his time, not with money and possessions. So he was forewarned.  And I did  tell him it was forever because it was a vow with God unless he cheated on me; and I explained the repercussions to particular body parts of his if this occurred. In my family we know that 33.5 years is child's play. My parents and sisters have far exceeded this total.  That said,  marriage itself is fairly easy if  you love, love, love your Hunka Hunk like I do mine. Love forgives much.

But all that is way off the subject I want to talk about tonight.  My husband has told everyone how I think he is a god because when we first met I kept putting burnt offerings in front of him.  I have repeatedly over the years tried to make biscuits. This is something I could do very well as a teenager - I don't know what happened when I moved from home.  Sweet Hunka Hunka has literally thrown my knots of bread (an attempt at biscuits that went really bad) against the wall and they didn't crumble or break. He threw them outside to the dog and the dog sniffed and walked away!  At times I have gone years in between attempts. 

Tonight I tried again, and while they were not pretty by any means, Hunka Hunka deemed them delicious. I warily tried one and when I broke it open it smelled like my Mama's biscuits!  So I put a bite in my mouth and this time I was able to eat the entire biscuit; with only butter. (and this time the butter was used to enhance the flavor, not disguise it).

So here is a picture of a miracle that is over 30 years in the making.

Whoop! Whoop!

1 comment:

  1. You always make me laugh, Aunt Marie! Your biscuits look beautiful - golden brown and flaky! There is no sweeter smell than that of freshly baked bread of any sort. I'm glad you could finally redeem yourself after all those years! Now, hopefully you wrote down exactly what you did so you can repeat it next time.

    ReplyDelete